Friday, July 24, 2009

I'm baaaack!

Alright... Soooo... After a lot of time of not being able to write anything even remotely decent I have returned with Deadly Sweet Melodies!

How this happened....

I've been suffering with the worst case of writer's block since the great "I Have Left Forsaken FORSAKEN! HAHA!" case of the tenth grade. After writing A Creature my writing skills seemed to disappear entirely, much to the disapproval of my Creative Writing teacher and two fans. (Haha.)
So recently Nova, Rachel... or whatever the heck it is that you want to call her... Invited me to this writer's group club thingy and it just... Got me all excited somehow. So on my way to Rachel's to pick her up I was listening to the song Sweet Tangerine by The Hush Sound. (I believe that it is on iTunes, I strongly suggest that you check them out!) Sweet Tangerine is a song about a stalker and it just got me thinking... I wanna write about a stalker, but one... one that everyone will like!
So after going to the writer's meeting and having a fabulous time I left early so Rachel and I could have time to work on the like mag (more on that later) and so I could figure out how to get my story to work.

And so Sweet Melodies was born sometime early this morning after an entire day of sitting at my computer writing.

As for the lit mag...
At my school in the Creative Writing 2 class (which I will be taking this coming school year) plans out the making of a Literary Magazine that will be available for purchase in the last quarter of school. The Lit Mag holds short stories, prose, photography, poetry... (You name it!) from all around the school and this years was... To keep it short, beautiful. Rachel loved it. She felt inspired and I suggested that we give it to Meg & Dia as a Thank You gift. She loved the idea, but wanted more. So she suggested that me, her, and Lauren go about making our own.
So this summer we have been working not very successfully on the lit mag... Until the past week or so. It needs to be done in about seven days... Before the Meg & Dia concert on August 8th.


And so there you have it.

I have a list. I shall share it with you sometime.

Btw, my poem A Creature won "Best Poem" in my school's Lit Mag this year. My lucky shirt sure is doing it's work! :)

Thanks,
Alyce

Oh, and that Writer's Group that I was talking about has it's own blogger page. It's got nothin' on it right now, but it will!

Check it out:
http://fcwritersgroup.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Meh, I had writing skills and lost them too! Though mine were mediocre and yours are amazing.
    Dang I should've read last years Lit Mag. I just thought it was for teachers or something.
    So you're making your own LM? Are you still putting the Deadly Sweet Melodies in the school's? I'll definately buy a copy then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought to enter it into the school's lit mag... I'm not really sure that it's appropriate... I was only writing it for the lit mag that we had been working on this summer...

    ReplyDelete