Monday, September 20, 2010

South of Eden

I hate knowing that I've let you in, only to hurt you.

No matter which way I turn, I'm the bad guy. Except for maybe from my point of view, but... No. There is still guilt.

Guilt molded by indifference. My indifference to you.

I think I'm inspired. For the first time in a very, very long time. I think my complete and total lack of feeling actually towards something caused me to feel again... Or... something.

"I wonder what you would say if I walked up to you today and confessed that I feel nothing. Well, not nothing. I do love you. As much as a friend can love someone they've known for most of their lives.

But do I smile over just knowing you're standing somewhere nearby? Do I want to be near you? Spend all my time with you?

Time is an important thing.

No. No I don't.

For a long time I was told that I was 'The Heart.' People have told me that they've never known anyone quite as empathic as I, but I doubt the truthfulness behind those words. It's impossible to understand another's heart when you lack one of your own."

No comments:

Post a Comment