Monday, September 7, 2009

Young Life

I wish that I could be a child again. I'm envious of them. I watch my niece and the way that she looks at the world... Every day there's something new to learn. Everything she looks at is wonderful and new. Sometimes she'll try something, pull a "I-don't-like-this" face, but she just keeps eating. It's amazing. She waddles. Have you ever noticed that toddlers waddle? Maybe that's why they call them Toddlers... because they... Toddle? I still think it's more of a waddle. Like a penguin.

Colors are brighter, smells more mysterious. The most mundane things are extraordinary when you're a child.

It's a well-known fact among my friends that I plan on never getting married. Ever. Only 50% of marriages succeed. And if I were to get married... I'd be tying myself down, forcing myself to grow up. Call it peter pan syndrome (Btw, I hate peter pan.) but it's not really the same thing.
I don't want to fight with someone every day. I don't want to feel guilty for all the little things. I don't want to feel obligated to make some man happy.

All I want is me and my little girl. I mean, it might not be a little girl, but someday in the very distant future I'd like to have one child. (Artificial Insemination) I'd like to raise this child on my own, after feeling ready, of course, and I'd like to live my life with them until they move out and do whatever they want with their future.

Is it selfish for me to hope for a little girl? I wouldn't be disappointed if it was a boy.

I'm making it a mental note to see the world as a child does. As a brilliantly bright, wonderful place. I'll explore and learn every day. I'll make it a goal.

Until we meet again under the blue moon,
Alyce

2 comments:

  1. I don't think that's selfish.. though I'd just want a boy... no girls. :P!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. I hate Peter Pan too. I support you completely. Stay awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete