Sunday, December 20, 2009

Where are you Christmas?

Christmas is this week, but it just doesn't feel like Christmas to me.
The tree is up, decorated... But I didn't decorate it. There's snow, even if there's not much right now... We're having our family party on Christmas Eve with my mother's side of the family, as of right now we have no idea what our plans are for Christmas day...

I can't remember the last time I played in the snow. Maybe when my niece Bentley comes home it'll snow and I can take her our in the yard to play. Maybe then it would feel more like Christmas.

I'm back to wishing that I was a kid again. My mother keeps telling me, "It's just not the same, with you and your brother grown up..." I think that I might even miss my parent's excitement more than my own.

So here I am, typing this blog, listening to Christmas songs hoping for the little feeling that always came with Christmas. It's been a few years since I've had that feeling. I think that it's normal to miss it.

I got a guitar for Christmas... On the first of this month. She's a blue Ibanez Acoustic-Electric and I named her Rosemary, Rosie for short. I've taught myself a few chords and I can play the first ten notes of Greensleeves, which I think is pretty awesome. I can also play the beginning of Meg & Dia's Setting Up Sunday. I'm hoping to learn Greensleeves by Christmas, and Meg & Dia's Nineteen Stars by our school's talent show. Rachel said that if I could learn Nineteen Stars in time, she would sing for me. It'd be awesome. Lauren has promised to help me learn it. I love my friends. :)

I joined the MaD boards. It's been... an experience. I'm hoping that the boardies there will like me. It seems to take a lot for them to like newbies, but I'm not really new to the whole loving Meg & Dia thing... So hopefully they will accept me.

It just dawned on me that it's nine o'clock and I haven't eaten a meal today, only snacks. That means that I need to go feed, but I don't really want to go into the kitchen.

Ah, well. I have an idea:

Christmas? Come home. Let's be friends.

Until we meet again under the blue moon,
Alyce aka SeventeenthStar

Listening To:
Where Are You Christmas? by Faith Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment