Monday, December 8, 2008

Chronicles On A Dance Floor: Billy (Part 1)

It was girls night out and we walked into my favorite club. I was stressed and this was just the antidote that I needed. I immediately met the eyes of a handsome stranger and smiled to myself. I wasn't really looking for someone, I just wanted to dance, but I was drawn to him.
"C'mon, Jess! Let's go dance!" Jess nodded half heartily. She and Charlie followed me onto the dance floor.
I began to dance, part of me showing off. Jess followed suit, but Charlie just stood there. I tried my best to get lost in the music, but I couldn't help but get distracted by the gaze of my stranger.
"I'm going to get something to drink!" Charlie hollered over the music and she walked away through the crowd.
I knew that Charlie was uncomfortable being here and she looked like she was going to be sick, but at the moment I just didn't care. He was coming toward me.
I knew he'd come around. He took my hand, neither of us saying a word, and led me away from Jess, leaving her standing there alone. We started to dance, my heart beating faster as he moved closer, as he put his hands around my waist.
We danced together, the two of us connected. I didn't even know him, but I didn't give a damn what anyone else was thinking. He was the only thing making sense to me.
I felt so alive and my heart matched the swift beat of the music. My blood was on fire and I could feel him running through my veins. One look into his eyes and I knew what he was thinking. Neither of us wanted to stop dancing, I couldn't take it anymore, I wanted this to go one forever. No one ever made me feel this was before. Every time he touched me I wanted to disappear inside of him. I wanted to live him, breathe him, be him.
What a perfect stranger. What a perfect dance. He held me close, and we danced as one. There was no one else. Me, him, and the music. Nothing else mattered anymore.
He stopped suddenly, putting both hands on the sides of my face. His eyes searched mine for a single moment and then he kissed me.



No comments:

Post a Comment