Monday, December 8, 2008

Chronicles On A Dance Floor: Charlie (Part Two)

What the hell am I doing here?
The lights were dim and the room seemed smokey. The music was blaring and the whole room seemed to be moving together with the beat. Too many strangers danced around me, all of the, seemed to be enjoying themselves, while I felt completely lost.
I don't belong here.
I looked around desperately, trying to find my way out, but the lights were flashing, it was dark, and there were far too many people. I found it hard to breathe, I couldn't think straight. I just needed out before I fell apart.
I pushed past a few people and someone grabbed my hand from behind me. I turned around and he pulled me toward him. His sapphire eyes glowed in the darkness, drawing me in. The whole room seemed to slow down and the music was barely audible. He said my name softly, with such a longing that I stopped breathing. He let go of my hand and brought his up to touch my face, sending an electrical current through me. I found myself leaning into him, feeling his icy breath on my lips. I inhaled, coming closer to kissing him. I could almost taste it.
No.
I turned away from him before our lips touched, the room sped up and the music got louder. I rushed away from him, breaking inside. Someone bumped me, nearly knocking me over. I stumbled and pushed her into someone else. She raged, screaming things at me that I couldn't hear over the sirens in my head. She threw a fist at me but missed; I didn't. She bent over in pain while her friends rushed to help her.
I don't belong here.
I walked away the best I could and lent on the nearest wall for support. The whole room was spinning violently, my stomach lurched and what was left inside me was now on the floor.
I felt dizzy, empty, and I greeted the darkness of unconsciousness and I met the floor.



No comments:

Post a Comment