Friday, December 26, 2008

Beautiful Disaster (Four)

It was cold; clean, white snow surrounded me. I was in what looked to be a forest, somewhere that I had never seen before but seemed so familiar. My instinct told me that I was in danger. I had goose bumps and my hair was standing up on the back of my neck. I rubbed my right arm nervously and walked ahead into the darkness. I was following a path of foot prints, like a dog's but somewhat larger. As I went on I noticed that the steps had changed, from that of a dog's into a human's. Something red in the snow followed the footprints. Was that... blood?
I looked up and saw before me in the darkness a pair of green-blue eyes.
"Tsuki? Tsuki, wake up!"
Was that Darke's voice? It came from somewhere next to me, but I couldn't look away from those eyes. I was drawn in, I took another step forward. I had to know what was there, who was calling out for me. I felt sick and coughed into my hand, something warm ran over it, but I didn't look to see what it was. I was running now, I needed to know what was in the darkness, but something grabbed my arm, shaking me. I tried to struggle away from the grip of whatever was holding me back. I needed to go farther.
"Tsuki!"


I opened my eyes wide and jumped out of my seat, pulling my arm away. "Let go of me!" I shouted, turning to see Darke standing there. I had elbowed him and he was stumbling back now, shocked by my sudden movement. He didn't say anything, just looked up at me with those handsome green eyes. I could tell that he was hurt.
"Oh, Darke... I didn't mean to... I was-"
He looked away from me. "You dozed off... The bell rang and I thought that I'd wake you up so you could go to your next class... I hope that you're not mad."
I shook my head. "I was dreaming, I didn't mean what I said. I'm sorry."
He picked up his bag and without saying anything left the room. Mr. Reide cleared his throat and I realized that he had heard everything.
"I do hope that you don't make a habit of sleeping in class, Miss Doyle," he said to me.
I nodded, picking up my bag and rushing out of class where Darke was standing outside the door. He smiled nervously at me and I couldn't help but grin hugely at him. He seemed taken aback and stared past me at the wall, somehow this emphasized his black eye.
"Maybe if you wouldn't stay out all night you'd be able to stay awake in class," he said quietly, but jokingly.
I stuck my tongue out at him. "Look who's talking!"
He didn't smile, just looked down the hall. "Better get to class now," and he walked away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment